Painting Reconstruction in Columbus
Guiding You Through This Essential Finishing Touch of Any Reconstruction
When you think of home reconstruction, your paint might not be the first thing that comes to mind, but the truth is that your paint can easily become damaged. Oftentimes, the cause is not the paint, but the moisture underneath the paint. Moisture causes paint to lose its adhesive quality and allows the surface paint to crack and peel. That is why you tend to see damaged and peeling paint in rooms with high humidity levels, like bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
Paint can also run into problems due to weathering, poor surface preparation, improper paint application, and use of lower quality paint. When you are undergoing any kind of home reconstruction, we recommend painting after all structural and functional work is complete, but before new flooring or carpet is installed. If your home is undergoing reconstruction, we can present a painting timeline that will make sense with the other tasks we need to complete. Generally, we will want to paint at the following times during a remodel:
- After interior (electrical and plumbing) work is complete
- After old floors and carpeting are removed
- After drywall and spackling is complete
- After new windows are installed
- After new trim is installed
- After major finishes are installed
- Before large pieces are installed
- Before most flooring is installed
We believe in the power of paint and its ability to restore your home to the condition you deserve. For this reason, we only use the best quality products and employ skilled, professional team members to handle the painting of your home. This will help ensure that your home stays protected throughout the process and that your paint job enhances your home rather than damages it further.
How Do You Choose a House Paint?
When it comes to the interior of your home, paint is like a secret weapon. If you feel that your home renovation is missing something, it is probably paint, and this step is the perfect way to breathe some life into your renovation. It is essential to be strategic about choosing the best paint for your home. The right color can be used to define certain areas of the home and to create focal points. Some of the best steps to take when choosing the right house paint for you include:
- Creating a color scheme that matches your home’s furniture
- Picking a finish that will add to an appealing visual effect
- Matching the color to the overall feeling you are working to achieve in the room
- Knowing the difference between various shades of white and using them to create the desired effect
- Making small spaces feel bigger with pops of color
- Using multiple colors when going for a bolder look
- Using the ceiling to paint when it makes sense to do so
- Drawing on the architectural elements of color
- Creating flow in open plan spaces
- Creating an accent wall to incorporate a focal point
- Using two different colors in the same room in the right circumstance to create contrast
Even though the CAP Restoration team works on major, big picture projects, we do not forget about the little details along the way. Paint can be one of the most exciting parts of a renovation project, and we will make sure to bring that excitement to the table. We will paint at the proper times, use high quality products, and help you pick the best paint for your needs. Our goal is for your house to feel like a home and for your renovation to feel like a finished product, and we will keep that goal in mind every step of the way.
To learn more about painting reconstruction services in Columbus, call CAP Restoration at (800) 946-1691 or contact us online.